- Centreless Form and Through-feed ground products in ceramics, plastics, composites, wood and metal alloys (see below).
- Centreless grinding machine tooling, both standard and custom designed.
- New and reconditioned machines Design and manufacture custom feeding systems.
- We grind the following materials:
- Most Plastic materials - thermoset and thermoplastic.
- Ceramics - Technical and engineering, green, pre-sintered or hard.
- Carbide - green, pre-sintered or hard.
- Composite materials.
- Laminate materials.
- Harder grades of rubbers (60 Shore A and harder).
- Most species of wood.
- The shapes made in the above are: Berillium Copper Rods Balls, pegs, pins, spindles, bobbins, rods and tubes of very high quality in all the above materials. In particular:
- Most Plastics: Thermoset and thermoplastic. Feedstock can be rod, tubing, extrusion, castings or moldings. Very difficult to machine plastics are handled successfully e.g. hydrogel. We convert very expensive cast square aerospace sections into precision rod.
- Ceramics/Carbide: A wide range of ceramic materials and carbides are handled very successfully in small or very high volumes. Green, pre-sintered or hard states. Iso-static, uniaxial pressings, castings, rod or tubes are feedstock.
- Alloys: Some special alloys are successfully machined. Great care is taken to allow for existing built in stresses due to extrusion, pressing or heat treatment.
- Wood: Our machining process produces round products in wood to the highest standards. Fine detail of form and the tightest of tolerances achievable in wood at economic cost. Sanding processes are not required Products include: balls, pegs, pins, bobbins, lace bobbins, spindles, giftware items (e.g. old style dip pen handles, stamp handles and peg men).